Als ich klein war, gab es öfter Kohlrouladen bei uns. Gefüllt mit Hack und dazu gabs Kartoffeln und dunkle Soße. Ich hatte in letzter Zeit mal wieder richtig Lust darauf und so ist dieses Rezept entstanden. Schmeckt eigentlich auch einfach nur wie gebackene Linsensuppe, also herrlich herzhaft und füllend jetzt zum Herbstbeginn.
When I was younger we had those cabbage wraps filled with ground meat. Served with a dark brown sauce and potatoes. I was craving these the last days and so I came up with this recipe. Tastes just liked baked lentil soup, so really savory and filling. Perfect for the start of autum here.
Recipe makes for 6 wraps
What you’ll need?
- 6 savoy cabbage leafs
- 1 1/2 cups brown lentils
- 2 tabelspoons flaxseeds soaked in 6 tabelspoons water
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 garlic glove
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cup of parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tabelspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup apple cidar vinegar
What you wanna do
- Put the lentils in a bowl and cover them with water. Set them aside.
- Wash the potatoes and carrots and cut them into little squares. Than put them in a big bowl, where you later mix everything together.
- Peel and finely cut the garlic glove and the onion and add them to the potatoes and carrots.
- After soaking the lentils for about 20 minutes, strain them and add them to the potatoes onion mix.
- Add the chopped parsley, salt and pepper, soaked flax seeds, the oil and the vinegar to the mix and combine well.
- Take one of the savoy cabbage leafs after another, add about 1/4 a cup of the mix into the leafs.
- First fold over the sides and then the top and bottom. Flip the wraps over and put them into a casserol dish. Repeat until the your dish is full of wraps. Cover them with tin foil and place them in the oven. You’ll want to bake them for appr. 1 hour on180°C/356°F.
Cut off the hard stem part of the leafs in a triangular shape.
Add an apple to the rolls if you want it a little sweeter.
Use a special herb mix. I used Sonnentor’s “Gute Laune” Mix with basil, oregano, basil, thyme and more.